Friday, October 22, 2010

When I Look Into Your Eyes

Author's Note- I don't know where this poem came from inside of me, but one day I just sat down with my laptop and wrote this. I don't exactly know where I'm going to go with this, but please leave comments with any suggestions or whatever else you think about this piece.

When I first looked into your eyes,
each breath became a thousand sighs.
My heart drummed out a thunderous beat-
I glowed with joy from head to feet.
The hand of love had touched my soul,
as the bell of destiny began to toll.
The tide of love began to rise;
the world was filled with summer skies.
My sodden clouds of cold and gray,
glowed with gold, then wisped away.
A brilliant rainbow arched across,
as waves of love began to toss.
The air was filled with lovebird cries,
when I first looked into your eyes…

When I first looked into your eyes,
all time and space were paralyzed;
and in that instant I was shown,
a universe I had never known.
I dwell there still in Paradise,
when I look into your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment