Thursday, March 11, 2010

Edna's Feelings

Everybody has these feelings
When they know something will come
But with me it’s different

I am blind
Not able to see
Not one single thing

-

A young girl; only about 18 years of age
Got stuck with a child
Now we are friends – but I’m only the babysitter

At the park the child – and I – go to every day
I can’t see
And have the feelings once more

-

This time it’s different
Her “mother” is in the mountains
With someone I’m not so sure about

-

I hear footsteps approaching
But they are heavier than the child’s
I’m scared, and not sure what to do

Just assuming I won’t hit her
I swung my cane as hard as I could
Obviously I hit something, but not sure what

-

Once Virgie got home
I asked what had happened
“Someone had tried to kidnap her,” she said

-

I regret not going inside earlier
With this disability it is hard
To go through life
Not really knowing what is happening
Or even being able to see
What is right in front of your own two eyes



NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: I had many different inspirations from this writing piece. The main thing that I wanted to write about was how Edna must have felt when someone was sneaking up on her. I tried to write a fictional story about it, but then it didn't work out too well.... So then I decided to try a poem and this is what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment